Background & History of the Tot Clubs
Tot Clubs, such as those of the HMS Victory (pictured right), are essential in preserving maritime tradition. To those working on these projects the objects of their efforts are living reminders of the great undertakings of those who preceded us. In the restoration of these objects, they are building a living bridge from the past to the present to the future. The payoff comes from the joy of leaving something behind for those who will follow us.
It can be said that the company culture of Pusser’s is traditional, maritime and historical, so it is only natural that Pusser’s Tot Clubs and what they stand for should become part of the company’s efforts to support maritime restoration projects while making others aware of its products.
Since the founding of Pusser’s Ltd. more than 25 years ago, the company’s Chairman Emeritus, Charles Tobias, has given more than 50% of the profits from the sale of the rum to naval and maritime charities such as the Royal Navy Sailors Fund, the U.S. Navy Memorial Foundation, the National Maritime Museum at Greenwich, the Royal Naval Museum at Portsmouth and a host of other worthwhile maritime projects. Thus the interest of Pusser’s and its Chairman are reflected in the company’s charitable undertakings over the years, support that is significantly out of proportion to its small size.
Support the Tot Clubs
In order to be able to continue to undertake to do what it does, the company asks that if you are a like-minded individual who relates to the tradition that Pusser’s Rum represents, and enjoys imbibing its unique flavor, that you support it. This may be done by simply requesting those establishments where you eat and drink to carry it for you.
The Tot Clubs are a new undertaking for Pusser’s, and we expect to be adding several new ones in the coming year. If you and a group of like-minded individuals are involved in the restoration of an historic vessel or a maritime historical site, we invite you to join us by contacting us. Please provide us with a daytime telephone number, a brief description of the project and its location, the number of people involved in the project, the name of the project (if it has one), length of time it’s been underway and estimated date of completion. We will be back to you within a week.
The objectives of the Pusser’s Tot Clubs are:
- To promote the restoration and preservation of historic vessels and maritime historical sites.
- To preserve maritime traditions and customs.
- To provide a forum to bring together like minded individuals for the purposes of exchanging information and encouraging others to participate in similar undertakings.
- To assist in fund raising through the development of awareness for these worthwhile projects.
Pusser’s will assist Pusser’s Tot Clubs to achieve their objectives by:
- Providing prizes to be used in fund raising activities
- Providing awards recognizing achievement and contribution
- Providing and staffing a bulletin board to pull like-minded individuals and projects together; by using this vehicle as an announcement center for spreading the word for special events, fund raising and enlistment of new volunteers.
- Providing gratis Pusser’s Rum, Grog and Painkiller drinks for special events such as launchings, fund raisers and annual get-togethers.
- Making available Pusser’s Tot Club enamel-tin mugs at cost, which have been personalized to the Club, and which the Club may sell or offer to its members or to the public as a means of raising funds.
Tot Club Listings